Baran’s Soo Bahk Do (map)
209 Old Route 9 Suite 1
Fishkill, NY 12524
We will try to bring you as much information concerning Baran’s Soo Bahk Do activities and events.
We will also link you to our blogsite and facebook page for ease of use.
Please contribute your comments where you are allowed and help us fight any spammers out there.
Score keepers and time keepers are crucial to running the competition portion of the United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation National Festival and Dan Leadership Convention and your service will be greatly appreciated.
So Gups, Dans and parents who would like to have ringside seats for the competition can get them by serving as scorekeepers and timekeepers during Regional Team and Individual Dan competition.
When you are bidding to bring the National Festival to your Region, do you think the United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation® and its National Festival are really that big of a deal?
A New Jersey State Representative and the Congressional Record think so.
Although it’s still early in the 2014 National Festival destination bidding process, it’s already beginning to look like Region 8 may steal the event away from everybody else.
Take a look at the real-time results of the bidding process that will determine the 2014 National Festival destination.
Now take a look at this map illustrating nationwide Federation Dan member population density and tell me why you think that more members are bidding to host the National Festival at the highlighted destination shown on the map than are bidding for it to be held in any other location in the U.S., even areas where far more Dan members live?
Whatever is going on in Region 8, it seems to fly in the face of logical assumptions.
- One might presume that Dan members who plan to participate in the 2014 National Festival would want to do so at the lowest possible cost by avoiding airfare and minimizing hotel expense and would thus bid to keep the event in their backyard… or not.
- One might also presume that Regional Officials responsible for sponsoring Regional Teams to attend the National Festival would bid to keep the event nearby and thus seek to avoid the cost of airfare and minimize hotel expenses they are responsible for… or not.
- One might even presume that in locations where more members live who are potential National Festival participants that those areas would be most likely to have more bidders and win the event simply because the number of potential bidders in high density member population areas out number the number of potential bidders from elsewhere… or not.
- One might even presume that the circled destination on the map is currently leading the bidding because members in the higher density population areas simply have not heard that they can bid to keep the National Festival near them…or not.
- Or perhaps they do not yet understand the new bidding process policy or they have just not yet visited the Festival bidding website… or not.
- Or maybe they have not yet participated in the online polls or seen the Federation Facebook posts… or not.
- Or maybe they have not yet read their emails about the bidding process being used to determine the 2014 National Festival destination…or not.
Regardless of what else may be going on in Region 8, the tangible results to date seem to suggest that embodiment of Kwan Jang Nim’s Vision Tour mantra is at work here.
“Individual participation is the Key Energy necessary to strengthen our foundation.”
– H.C. Hwang, Kwan Jang Nim
Why do you think the circled destination on the map is currently leading the pack to host the 2014 National Festival instead of locations with much higher Dan member populations?
- Click to select your preferred destination for the National Festival
- Place your bid online and earn 25% additional credit for every dollar you bid.
You cannot lose with the Federation’s win-win-win bidding policy.
Soooooooooo what’s keeping you from bidding right now?